Have you ever thought about how diligent mountain climbers have to be, planning every step they take? One incorrect step can be fatal. Have you thought about other potential challenges that come their way like wind, rain, snow/ice; and during the summer months the sun and heat. Also, depending on the altitude and how high up you go, the lack of oxygen can be a challenge. With all those challenges one has to maintain the proper footing. So where one steps is so important.
I’m RW and let’s have a fireside chat about “Footsteps”
When it comes to your spiritual walk do you seek the Lord’s guidance in deciding the steps you take in life? When it comes to my steps trusting in the Lord is uplifting and gives me peace. Because when I seek Him and wait for His direction I know I am where He wants me to be as long as I am obedient to go where He leads me. It does not matter what the trial may be. The bottom line is am I Trusting in the Lord. Psalm 40: 1-3 reads “I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. 2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in Him“
From the scripture above, I gleamed the following points:
1. I must wait on God and not only wait but patiently wait.
2. No matter what the situation is the Lord can lift you up and get you through ANYTHING. Man sees impossible. The Lord sees possible. He is the Lord God Almighty and can do any and all things.
3. God is the one that sets your feet on the Rock. The rock represents stability and sure footing.
4. God is the one that will direct where to go and stand. However, we must be willing to listen and follow.
5. While waiting on God we should praise Him and when He lifts us up and gives us place to stand we should praise Him.
Other scriptures that speak to about our footsteps and following the Lord are Proverbs 4:10-12; Psalm 37:23-24; Psalm 37:30-3; Psalm 16:9; and 1 Peter 2:21. Prayerfully, these scripture will also speak to your heart and give you encouragement in your Christian walk. Are your footsteps leading to solid place to stand on? Try standing on Christ and let Him be your rock.
Protect the Brand of Jesus Christ.