The Merrian-Webster dictionary defines Marketing as the process or technique of promoting, selling, and distributing a product or service. We as Christians should always market the brand Jesus Christ.
The Bible gives The Great Commission in Matthew 28:16-20
16Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them 17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. to go. came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Jesus was not saying sit around and do nothing or let someone else go out and fulfill the Great Commission. Jesus was saying for each Christian to market and share the Gospel.
Do you feel unequipped to market Jesus’ brand?
Are you reluctant to market Jesus’ brand?
Do your circumstances or companions determine whether or not you market Jesus’ brand – sometimes you do and sometimes you don’t?
If you are a Christian and answered ‘Yes’ to any of the above questions what is the reason for that?
Marketing Jesus’ Brand can be accomplished several ways in your everyday life. Here are some of the ways to Market the Jesus Brand:
- The way you live your life without using words. This marketing technique reminds me of a sign outside a church I saw. It said “You should always share the Gospel. And use words if necessary”. Do people see Christ in you in your day to day activities even before they hear you speak?
- You can Market the Jesus brand the way you dress yourself.
- T-shirts with a positive and uplifting Christian messages
- Wrist bands with a positive and uplifting Christian messages
- Jewelry we wear such as a Cross
- You can Market the Jesus brand with the words we speak.
- Sharing your Testimony
- Sharing words of encouragement and affirmation – for example telling someone to “Have a Blessed Day”
- Elevator – Are you going up? Yes and all the way to heaven someday.
- Happy Easter
- Merry Christmas not Happy Holidays
- Ask Question that could possibly open the door to sharing the Gospel.
- Speech without using profanity.
- Words that build up and encourage not tear down and discourage.
- Blessing your food before eating
- Social media – a tweet, text or short email with words of encouragement or affirmation. Also, social media can be used to acknowledge what the Lord is doing in your life.
- Getting to know someone and developing a genuine friendship can be a way to market the Jesus Brand. This can open the door to positive encouraging Christian relationships. Remember you will influence them or they will influence you. But someone will influence somebody.
- So many Christians do not invite family members, co-worker, and the next door neighbor to Church. Another way to market the Jesus brand is to invite them to church. It could be a Church Worship Service, Church Special Events, Church Recreational Leagues and other opportunities to fellowship.
- Sharing the Plan of Salvation. This is the number one way we can market the Jesus Brand. It is the Great Commission – Matthew 28:16-20.